TüKO: how to get it? (and is it appropriate?)

Here you can ask and talk (in English or German) about scoliosis treatment in Germany.
Antworten
giulio_b

TüKO: how to get it? (and is it appropriate?)

Beitrag von giulio_b »

Hello, this is a two-year follow up to "May I travel to Germany for schroth and a brace?" thread. I've sorted the physical therapy part up in a sufficient way and am again looking for a study aid. I still study most day, and I'm currently confined to a high recline chair for the time, here's some pics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01xbX ... sp=sharing (around 60° Cobb depending on measurement approach)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01xbX ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01xbX ... sp=sharing

I'm in orthostasis in all pics, no muscular tension of the back extensors. See the third, "study position" - it looks pretty good doesn't it? Well, it has an issue: I can't breathe! in that position the last rib pair and the lumbar spine are compressing the bowels/interiors, the lungs are as well crouched, and I can't physically hold it. Now, any angle over that will need some muscle to tense, and the problem is, being there a high leverage they get tired fast! and back-pain starts. So as a solution I recline my chair, ad use a book-stand. Still though I'd like to sit upright for a few hours a day, for the sake of concentration and performance.

This is where the "working" korsett would jump in, but which one? Italian designs are excluded. Let alone that there's no state-funded adult bracing, because it's not in the national orthopedic and physiatric cultures that such a thing can be done. There are a couple further reasons, the fundamental one being that if I have to spend money, I'm going for the best pick I can find. I do own a brace from teenage years: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01xbX ... sp=sharing which sort of fits for testing purpose, but again I'm in for putting money into a brace and I'm going for better designs.

This now is the arrival spot which I came at by gathering information from Toni and other users who have tried many designs. The Tübingen Korsett (?) "TüKO" looks good.
download/file.php?id=1675
download/file.php?id=1676
We're OK here as for front-support and back-plate design.
It has also been said to be more appropriate as a working brace for light-moderate curves, over the bulkier Ramouni's, with all the risks of making a bad decision still, for a maximum budget of around 5000 Eur All-inclusive it's worth the try for me!

I have no time impediments this time.

How do you see it, viable? Have different ideas?

Danke!
Namor
treues Mitglied
treues Mitglied
Diagnose: .
• Schmerzen (Steilst. Th7-Th11, HWS unklar)
• Rundrücken
• Depression
• Tinitus u. Trigeminus Neuralgie
• Befund -Ende 04/2015:
Kyph. 48° n. Stagnara
Sko. th 7° , lu 9° n. Cobb
Muskuläre Dysbalance
Therapie: .
• Destruktiven Sport abgebrochen
• Seit 01/2015 strecken und dehnen
• Rahmouni Korsett seit Ende 08/2015,
• Reha nach Schroth sobald KK Prozedere abgeschlossen und Termin gesichert ist.
• Ambulante Schroth KG seit Mitte 10/2015

Re: TüKO: how to get it? (and is it appropriate?)

Beitrag von Namor »

Hi guilio_b :)

I can't really suggest you, which orthesis fabricator you should try.
The only experience i have, is the one with my Rahmouni brace and I do own it since like a couple of days only.

The only tip, I can give you, is about the pressure on my rips.
The brace is causing pressure marks at my lower ribs, which are quite more hurting then the wanted pressure of the truss pads.
As I had to find out, I am not the only Rahmouni patient with this problem.

In your age (you look grown up) and your case, i would think, that you are looking for a brace, which does help you with your breath problem and backache, kinda as you said in your first sentence, instead of heading for the "most pushing" brace.
So the hint about the wearing comfort, might be perhabs helpfully for you.
Niemand ist unnütz !!!
Man kann immer noch als schlechtes Beispiel dienen.
giulio_b

Re: TüKO: how to get it? (and is it appropriate?)

Beitrag von giulio_b »

Hi Namor, thank you. I'm taking a risk in fact, in spending a large sum in something I might end up not even wearing. Now we should have a startup for the ultimate zero-pressure point, "all pleasure" personalized/algorithmic brace designs and production. Sic!

A for the TüKO I have read from Tony that he had to put additional pads to the shoulder area, but still in one of his last posts, he did recommend it over the Rahmouni's for light to moderate curves. Hard business anyway. Waiting for other inputs.
Antworten