Scoliosis (20years old)

Here you can ask and talk (in English or German) about scoliosis treatment in Germany.
Antworten
emate

Scoliosis (20years old)

Beitrag von emate »

Hi I want to get more info about Rahmouni-Korsett and schrott method. Could you tall me that Rahmouni-Korsett is also for adult ? ( I am 20 ) I am looking for the best way to corect my Scoliosis ,is not a big problem my curve is under 20 degrees but i wont to do something with it. I will be very grateful if you answear me is there i some possibility to corect it in my age?. My mother lives in Heidelberg so i looking for some chance in German (I am foreigner so I am sorry for my english is not so good.)
Silas
Profi
Profi
Therapie: Rahmouni Korsett
Schroth KG

Re: Scoliosis (20years old)

Beitrag von Silas »

Hello Emate,

yes, the Rahmouni brace is also for adults and there are amazing results in adults here in the forum.

But for an adult's curve which is under 20°, a brace treatment is not necessary.
So small curves normally do not worsen, physiotherapy is easily enough.

The Schroth method could be helpful for you. It is a special physiotherapy for scoliosis and the best way to learn it would be to undergo for some week an inpatient treatment in one of the two Schroth Rehab clinics. Bad Sobernheim is quite near to Heidelberg.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate.

Bye,
Silas
"Man kann nicht beweisen, dass Gott nicht existiert. Aber die Wissenschaft macht Gott überflüssig."
(Stephen Hawking)
emate

Beitrag von emate »

Thank you for youre answer. I am really happy there is some possibility in my age, I hear about klinik in Bad Sobernheim now I will try to get more info about them. Its very interesting there is some brace also for adult beacause i hear the braces are useful only when you are growing.
Thank u for youre advice i thinking too that Schroth method will be best way and may be effective for me.
Silas
Profi
Profi
Therapie: Rahmouni Korsett
Schroth KG

Beitrag von Silas »

I am 32 years old and I have been treated with Rahmouni braces for 5 years.

Here you can see, how impressive the results are:
http://skoliose.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t ... ff8d34cacd

An other impressive case which demonstrates how effective Rahmouni braces are is Minimine:
http://skoliose.net/viewtopic.php?f=27& ... ff8d34cacd

So, a perfectly correcting brace is a very useful tool not only for kids but also for adults.
"Man kann nicht beweisen, dass Gott nicht existiert. Aber die Wissenschaft macht Gott überflüssig."
(Stephen Hawking)
minimine
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Diagnose: Skoliose
Therapie: 3x Reha (2005, 2007, 2009),
Cheneau-Korsett 12/2006-01/2008,
Rahmouni-Korsett 02/2008-10/2015

Beitrag von minimine »

Hi emate,

welcome to our forum. :)

May I ask, where you come from?

Like Silas, I have been wearing a Brace for 4,5 years, the Rahmouni-Brace for 3,5 years. I started with a 53° curvature in the thoracic spine and currently I´m down to 34° without the brace.
It´s very individual how a brace will effect your own spine. Furthermore, it´s not a pleasent treatment. But it could improve your quality of life because it reduces pain or can improve the cosmetical aspects.

With your mother living near Stuttgart you have an easy possibility to make an appointment with Rahmouni to get his opinion.

Best wishes
Minimine
LG
Minimine

Lerne von gestern, lebe und wirke im heute und hoffe für die Zukunft.
Albert Einstein
emate

Beitrag von emate »

Hi minimine

Thanks for youre answer. Its verry nice to hear about youre results with non-surgery treatment. I'm full of respect for youre patience and hard-work.
Youre (and Silas) example give a hope for people who wants avoid the surgery. Personally i can say that I'm lucky, my problem is not so bad, but it would be nice to have normal spine (under 10 deegres) or improve my posture, so if you say there is some chance in my age i will try (I have nothing to lose). Maybe can i write you back after my x ray (i havent yet) for some more info.

Greetings from Poland ; )
emate.
Lady S
Profi
Profi
Diagnose: idiopathische Adoleszenzskoliose
lumbal 64°, thorakal 56°
Therapie: Seit 2003 Schroth-KG, 3 Rehas in Bad Salzungen.

Beitrag von Lady S »

Hi emate,
if possible, please make sure that you have the X-ray of your spine taken in one single radiograph (so that the backbone is shown completely). Otherwise the measurements of the curvatures get rather imprecise.
Regards, Lady S
emate

Beitrag von emate »

Hi I get some more info about scoliosis and now i know that corect curve in my age is verry hard to do or maybe imposible. I thing I know what is the reason for my problem. I dont have a big curve like im said but my spine is rotate, thats why i see some differents when I look in the mirror. I have one curve in lumbar and throatic on right side so rotation is one the left. And I have a ask to you, even if I cant do something with my curve that Can i do something with ratation ? (Sorry i dont know a lot about scoliosis and my english is bad) I only want to know from youre experience about derotation spine ? If this also imposible when I am Adult ?
minimine
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Diagnose: Skoliose
Therapie: 3x Reha (2005, 2007, 2009),
Cheneau-Korsett 12/2006-01/2008,
Rahmouni-Korsett 02/2008-10/2015

Beitrag von minimine »

Hi emate,

scoliosis always involves a rotated spine, if not, it´s no scoliosis. ;)

Yes, it is possible as an adult. But like in kids and teens it also depends on the individual situation, what the output will be.

Best wishes
Minimine
LG
Minimine

Lerne von gestern, lebe und wirke im heute und hoffe für die Zukunft.
Albert Einstein
Antworten